Saturday, January 29, 2011

January has been productive

It's the end of January and today, (Saturday 29 January 2011, )I did my first 10 mile day in the water in many years.....7.5 in the 55 degree water off La Jolla-no wetsuit (wetsuits are for wimps!!!) and then 2.5 in the 68 degree Endless Pool at home in the afternoon. The longest full day workouts since completing England in 2007!!! Maybe I'm not a "has been" afterall..it's been nice to lose the channel weight and feel stronger the past few months...really looking forward to the Tampa swim...
Brother Dan in training well for his Manhattan Marathon in June...
With God's blessings, we'll become the only siblings in history to complete the "World" triple crwon (England, Manhattan, Catalina) and the "American" triple crown (Tampa, Manhattan, Catalina) in history..
Nice to feel strong again....
Especially nice to lose 28 of the 35 lbs I gained for England...I feel like "Scott" again!!!!!!

No comments: