Thursday, January 20, 2011

The training is progressing

Less than 3 weeks into January and the grind time is here!!! Learned a valuabe lesson last week.....had not been to a "regular" pool in over 4 years.....moral of the story....CONFIRM THE LENGTH OF THE POOL...METERS OR YARDS!!!!! I went to see how slow/fast I am and left sooooo depressed until the guard said "oh that's 25 meters"....suddenly I didn't feel so slow and lethargic after all.....Went back this week with the knowledge that it was METERS and not Yards.....now the clock made sense.....
6+ mile days are becomming a 2x/week occurence...now to see if I can make it 3......
Feeling stronger than I recall from 4 years ago....maybe, maybe not...but the loss of weight has made a difference in the feel in the water.....and I am starting to get some definition in my shoulder muscles...not bad for an old, middle aged swimmer...best to all!!!

1 comment:

SharkBait said...

"old middle-aged swimmer" ???
harldy! keep it up...